Monday, November 29, 2010

so i moved again

A lot has happened in the last month, but I still feel like I am going nowhere.
  1. my grandmother passed away
  2. my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, and aunt completed the Marine Corps Marathon in D.C. and I was a member of their support crew
  3. I moved with my parents to North Carolina-packed, unpacked, settled in
  4. saw Billy Elliot at Durham Performing Arts Center
  5. memorial reception
  6. 6 and a half hour interview for a year long internship at Beausol Gardens, have yet to hear back, cross your fingers!
  7. aunt's birthday at Jordan Lake
  8. knit a scarf and then another, and now I will knit a hat to match
  9. went to MD to see family for Thanksgiving-ate too much, saw Tangled in 3D, played games, did a puzzle
So it has been a bit crazy, overwhelming and underwhelming, coaxing thoughts of what is my purpose here or there. I'm still not able to settle down, wanderlust has captured me and won't let me go! I'm on my way to Pittsburgh mid-week to visit friends and old haunts. I also want to travel abroad but I have been putting "real life" off for quite long enough. Now for the real job searches (but hopefully I get my farming internship), and the joining of clubs and organizations so I can find friends and make a life for myself here. North Carolina is beautiful- mountains in the west, ocean in the east, and forests and creeks and marshes in the middle. There is an abundance of trails, museums, pubs, food co-ops and people who want to make a difference in the world. I'm excited to be here but it will take awhile for me to get up the courage to begin putting my roots down here. I've been in limbo for so long, I look forward to creating a home but the wind keeps carrying me this way and that.

uprooted from the bank of New Hope Creek at the
Johnston Mill Nature Preserve, Chapel Hill, NC

1 comment:

  1. Moving is hard. I hope you find a place to establish roots.

    ReplyDelete